QUEBECOR IN 2019


QUEBECOR IN 2019... 
By Bernard Bujold
The current trade dispute between Quebecor and Bell brings back the time of Michael Sabia while he was in charge of BCE between 2002 and 2008. If there were two ferocious competitors in Quebec who did not like each other very much, it was Michael Sabia and Pierre Karl Péladeau! 
I know something about it, because around 2003-2004, I was selected by a head hunter to be Sabia's assistant. The research manager had selected my application on my experience without taking into account my environment. When I pointed out that it may be necessary to check if my passage near the PKP environment disturbed Sabia, the answer had not been long in coming... 
The Bell-Quebecor rivalty started with Sabia, who did not want to cut Internet subscription prices in front of Quebecor's discount offer. Sabia was convinced that users would not trust a new player and that Bell's reputation and name alone was worth a higher price. Sabia had lost his bet... 
It will be interesting to see the conclusion of the present conflict in 2019 Bell-Quebecor but one could say that it is the rematch between two champions! 
To be continued...
SEE STORY

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

THE FALL SEASON 2020

STEVE MCCURRY AND THE GIRL

SUPER BOWL 2020 - THE GAME