BERNARD LANDRY (1937-2018)


BERNARD LANDRY (1937-2018) 
By Bernard Bujold - 
Bernard Landry was a nice character and had politics in his soul! 
I first knew him in 1977 when I was a young journalist at the National Assembly of Quebec. It was the beautiful era of René Lévesque and Bernard Landry was recognized as one of the Prime Minister's right hands. Landry was also known for his great kindness and sense of humor. 
I came back in contact with Bernard Landry in the late 1990s when I was the assistant to Quebecor Founding President Pierre Péladeau. I often acted as a "messenger" between the two men and Landry has always shown great ethics and politeness. I remember an event where I proposed to the Prime Minister to pick him up in Quebec City and take him to Sainte-Adèle at Péladeau's residence with the Quebecor helicopter for a social event. Landry had thanked me for the offer, but he had immediately refused, saying that Quebec could afford to transport his Prime Minister... He had also kindly explained to me that he did not want in any way lend himself to possible conflicts of interest! 
Unfortunately, our relationship ended, so to speak, in 2001 when I got a job with her government and a few hours after taking office, the chief of staff for who I was working for had received a phone call from a senior Quebecor official who advised her that knowing me in the government inherited him deeply. Bernard Landry, who I asked to intervene to calm the game and allow me to keep my job, refused to stand between the heirs of Quebecor and me, an acquaintance who had become more or less a "has been" since the death of Pierre Péladeau father. 
That said, I salute the career of Bernard Landry and I like to keep as a memory the beautiful time when I knew him in Quebec city. 
SEE PHOTOS

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

THE FALL SEASON 2020

STEVE MCCURRY AND THE GIRL

SUPER BOWL 2020 - THE GAME