FINANCIAL WEALTH EXISTS IN MONTREAL IN 2018...


FINANCIAL WEALTH EXISTS IN MONTREAL IN 2018... 
By Bernard Bujold 
I almost forgot that financial wealth exists in Montreal! 
Indeed, there was a time in the years 1990-2000 when money seemed to be everywhere. Personally: I was traveling in a helicopter; wore neckties at $200; participated in a multitude of mundane parties, all more expensive than the other, and business projects seemed to have no limit but the imagination! Since 2010, personally like many others, I took a turn say more voluntary simplicity... 
But the world has continued to turn and even though several companies must tighten their belts or disappear (Bombardier, La Presse, Laurentian Bank, etc.) money continues to be excessively present in society. 
I had the proof during the weekend while I had fun shopping for a coat for the next winter season. 
I wanted to go back to my old dress style and buy a long dark blue wool coat (Donald Trump style). 
I started my search at The Bay and found one for about $750. I continued my walk at Simons and a comparable coat in style was offered at $ 350. I thought my shopping was going to be profitable... So I decided to keep walking and to go at Ogilvy which is under renovation and announcing sales... This is where I got back in time! I found the perfect coat (there were several ...) but when I asked for the price, I was shocked. The dark blue wool long coat sold for $5,350! I told the salesman that this coat was more suitable for a Donald Trump to which he answered at once: "But it suits you too..." probably thinking me a rich retiree... 
I thanked the seller and continued my walk to finally find the bargain, a beautiful long dark blue coat a few streets away, at H &M... But the conclusion is that financial wealth still exists in Montreal in November 2018, if we must believe the offer of the coat merchants! 
SEE PHOTOS

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

THE FALL SEASON 2020

STEVE MCCURRY AND THE GIRL

SUPER BOWL 2020 - THE GAME